About Ian Reynolds
Ian F Reynolds AM was the founder and former chairman of GEA member company CEM International. Ian was passionate about industry safety and was made a member of the Order of Australia in 1996 for service to the LPG Industry “through the development and implementation of safety standards”.
Objectives of the scholarship
The overall objective of the Scholarship will be to contribute to activities such as professional development, study and research that advance the downstream gaseous fuels industry. Specific objectives include:
- contributing to the personal and professional development of individuals in the field of gaseous fuels and related fields, especially in relation to safety and encouraging pursuit in their chosen field of expertise; and
- promoting research and innovation in these fields.
The Ian Reynolds Scholarship will fund a total amount of up to $10,000 annually. Where there is more than one deserving application, funding will be shared.
At the end of the scholarship period, the successful candidate(s) must to present on the outcome or progress of their study or chosen activities at a GEA event, eg GEA AGM or national forum.
- Applications must focus on either LPG, LNG and CNG.
- Applicants must be employed by a GEA member and be a permanent resident of Australia
- Applications must be endorsed by the member’s chief executive officer or general manager.
Applications can include any combination of the following:
Post-graduate study, research or knowledge dissemination which has a direct technical application to the industry, broader professional development for those working in the industry, including study, visits, reports, lectures and publications which will have a demonstrable and positive outcome for the industry.
- Applications open 14 August 2020
- Applications close 31 March 2021