Industry Member Advisories

A+ A- Print This Page

Gas Energy Australia runs a dedicated media centre for journalists to access the latest information on LNG, CNG and LPG, the Association, its members and the latest news and information on the use of gaseous fuels in Australia.


8 Jul 2020

In accordance with Clause 14.1 of the Gas Energy Australia Constitution, the Association will hold its 62nd AGM from 2 to 4pm on Wednesday 26 August 2020.  The meeting will be hosted by the GEA Secretariat via our Microsoft Teams videoconference facility. Please find the following linked subject documentation. Notice of AGM (includes Proxy Form)… Read more »

Read more


2 Jul 2019

Dear Members and Associates In accordance with Clause 14.1 of the Gas Energy Australia Constitution, the Association will hold its 61st AGM from 2 to 4:00pm on Wednesday 21 August 2019 at Origin Energy Offices, MO.11, Ground Floor, 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne. The meeting will be followed by refreshments. Please find the following linked subject… Read more »

Read more

Thank you Andrew for an outstanding contribution

9 Oct 2018

Dear GEA Members and Associates It is with mixed emotions that I announce that Andrew Bills will be leaving Origin Energy.  I am happy that Andrew will be furthering his career to take up a CEO role in the energy industry but sad that as a result, he will be stepping down from his current… Read more »

Read more

New appointment to GEA Board of Directors: Louise Warner

31 Aug 2018

On behalf of the members of the GEA Board of Directors, I am pleased to advise of their recentdecision to appoint Louise Warner from Caltex Australia to the Board.  Appointed as Caltex Australia’s Executive General Manager Fuels & Infrastructure in 2017, Louise Warner is responsible for managing the safe and reliable supply of high-quality fuels,… Read more »

Read more

Victorian Coroner recommends banning open-flue gas heaters

24 Aug 2018

The Victorian Coroner held a directions hearing yesterday following the death of Sonia Sofianopoulos in July 2017. Coroner Hawkins found Mrs Sofianopoulos died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning and that the source of the carbon monoxide was most likely a faulty 25-year-old Vulcan Heritage gas space heater Series 48. Key in the recommendations… Read more »

Read more