Gas Energy Australia
A Suite 7, 16 National Circuit
Barton ACT 2600
T +61 (2) 6176 3100
F +61 (2) 6176 0207
Gas Energy Australia is the national peak body representing the downstream LPG, LNG and CNG industries
Gas Energy Australia 2014 Annual General Meeting
Gas Energy Australia is the national peak body which represents the bulk of the downstream gaseous fuels industry which covers Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
The industry comprises major companies and small to medium businesses in the gaseous fuels supply chain – refiners and supplies, fuel marketers, vehicle and equipment manufacturers, vehicle converters, consultants and other providers of services to the industry.
The Association’s mission is to “ … improve the nation’s energy security and environment and reduce energy costs by maximising the benefits of gaseous fuels to the community…”
The role and purpose of the Association is to:
- Maximise the value and benefits of downstream gaseous fuels through the conduct of advocacy, promotion, and support to service, product and market development.
- Support the conduct of advocacy, promotion and product development, by:
- developing evidenced-based industry and technical policy, and conducting product feasibility and market demand studies, and related activities;
- increasing the harmonisation of national technical standards, regulations and product compliance requirements, stimulating research and innovation, and collecting co-ordinating and disseminating ideas, learnings and information – for this purpose;
- communicating with the media, community and other key stakeholders on the value, benefits and application of gaseous fuels;
- promoting closer relations and cordial co-operation in all sectors of the downstream gaseous fuels industry and related industries, associations and organisations;
- co-operate with other associations or organisations whose objects are similar to those of the Association.
- Provide Members and Associates with a formal ‘information and knowledge base and opportunities for learning and networking, in addition to a forum for the exchange of expertise, opinions and ideas within the gaseous fuels industries;
- Manage the Association’s finances in accordance with accounting best practice and standards.